He eats worms and cockroaches to win a 800$ Python. and dies , In Flori-duh!
Why am I not surprised?
A Feast of cockroaches and worms was the last meal for the winner of a bug-eating contest.
Edward Archbold, 32, of West Palm Beach, was "the life of the party," stuffing handfuls of insects into his mouth with about 30 other contestants vying for the grand prize of an $800 python at the Ben Siegel Reptile Store, Broward Sheriff's investigators said.
Shortly after the contest was over, Archbold wasn't feeling well and began to regurgitate. He collapsed outside the store and later died at a hospital, investigators said.
"They're all captive bred bugs. They're bred in sterile conditions," said Ben Siegel, owner of the store at 3314 W. Hillsboro Blvd. "They're not bugs we go catch. They're bred for exotic pet feed and they're completely safe."
Siegel called 911 and Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue took Archbold to Broward North Medical Center where he was pronounced dead about 11:40 p.m. Friday.
None of the other contestants showed any signs of illness after the contest, Siegel said.
"Everybody was fine," Siegel said. "Eddie was a super nice guy. Everyone here liked him. He was outgoing. He was the life of the party."
Archbold's body was taken to the Broward Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
Attorney Luke Lirot, who represents Siegel, released a statement that read, in part:
"All participants in the contest were entirely aware of what they were doing and that they signed thorough waivers accepting responsibility for their participation in this unique and unorthodox contest."
Siegel further explained that the waivers outlined the contest rules.
"In our release it said if you drank you were not supposed to compete, if you're on drugs you're not supposed to compete," he said. "We kicked three people out who brought beer."
The statement went on to explain:
"The consumption of insects is widely accepted throughout the world, and the insects presented as part of the contest were taken from an inventory of insects that are safely and domestically raised in a controlled environment as food for reptiles."
Siegel said he runs a family business and has 30 years of experience handling reptiles. This was his first bug-eating contest but not the first time people have eaten bugs in his shop, he said.
"We've done it before," he said. "Employees have done it just on bets and dares."
Insect consumption, or entomophagy, is fairly common around the world with some nutritionists calling crickets, caterpillars and cockroaches a great source of protein.Link